Maulana Haroon Sidat
Laylat al-Qadr (The Night of power)
Tonight could be the night (23rd night).
The mother of the believers, A’isha asked the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم): O Messenger of God, if I witnessed it and was able to tell that it is the night of decree, Laylat al-Qadr, then what kind of dua should I make?
وعنها قالت: قلت: يا رسول الله أرأيت إن علمت أي ليلة القدر ما أقول فيها؟
He (صلى الله عليه وسلم) replied:
اللَّهمَّ إنَّكَ عفوٌّ تحبُّ العفوَ فاعفُ عنِّي
“O Allah, You are Most Forgiving, and You love forgiveness; so forgive me” (At-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah)
1. Short dua, but it is comprehensive: If God forgives us, what more could we want from Him?
2. Remember to include the whole ummah, and your parents in particular, in the Dua too.
3. Make true repentance, try your best to cry in front of God: tears of repentance, regret and remorse. Resolve to becomes better.
4.Even small amount of drop of tear can attract complete forgiveness
لاَ يَلِجُ النَّارَ رَجُلٌ بَكَى مِنْ خَشْيَةِ اللَّهِ تَعَالَى حَتَّى يَعُودَ اللَّبَنُ فِي الضَّرْع .
“No man will enter the Fire who weeps for fear of God, Most High, until the milk goes back into the udder” (At-Tirmidhi, an-Nasai)
5. Take sins as sins; don’t belittle them. Every sin is a sin and can be harmful.
6. If one can’t stop a sin then feel bad in your heart and ask God for His help. He will help you.
Allah loves for us to seek repentance:
عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ:
وَالَّذِي نَفْسِي بِيَدِهِ لَوْ لَمْ تُذْنِبُوا لَذَهَبَ اللَّهُ بِكُمْ وَلَجَاءَ بِقَوْمٍ يُذْنِبُونَ فَيَسْتَغْفِرُونَ اللَّهَ فَيَغْفِرُ لَهُمْ
Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “By Him in whose hand is my soul, if you did not sin Allah would replace you with people who would sin and they would seek the forgiveness of Allah and He would forgive them.” (Muslim)
It is normal to sin but not normal NOT to repent.
Allah accept it from us.